Thursday 17 January 2008

Willpower, its now or never......

The third week in January is usually the time when all my New Years resolutions fall into disrepair. I am feeling quite righteous at the moment then that not only have I kept going with mine this year, but one I made three years ago is still active.

The long standing one is my recycling initiative which was instigated on the behest of my son. Fair shout, its his world I am minding for him, so I should do my bit. The problem I have with this one though is that my local plastic recycling facility has been taken away from me. It used to be in Sainsbury's car park, but they have removed it as there is no market to recycle bags, film and other non-bottle plastic products. As its not easy for me to get to another 'dump' I am afraid the plastic now goes land fill. It needs a new initiative from Hounslow Council to give the Chiswick plastic recycling initiative a kick start.

My other NYRs are old ones revisited really. I have targeted the Chiswick 10K in November again, so have started training for that, I also fancy the Santa Dash in Liverpool, which is a 5k 'sprint', and I quite like the look of the suit. I look good in red!!

Tied into these two is my ambition to drink 2 litres of water a day, trouble is the system has not adjusted yet, so I can't take long journeys on the tube!!!

It will be interesting to see whether I can integrate these lifestyle changes long term like I have with the recycling. Time will tell.

1 comment:

Richard Donkin said...

I would imagine your 2-litre regime will be achieved easily enough on Feb 2 as long as you don't mind your water adulterated with a few other ingredients such as malt, barley, hops, sugar and brewer's yeast. Oh yes, you might get through two days' of water with a bit of will power.