Friday 30 May 2008

Gentlemen that reminds me......

I brought a Rag Mag today. I can't remember the last time I did so, but the student doctor, in his scrubs, on the tube did a fine job with his patter and his collection bucket. The rag was that of the London and Barts Hospitals associated charities, and as both hospitals have a place in my life, it seemed reasonable to contribute.

The college rugby team used to go pulling on a Wednesday night at the London nurses home after our games. Those who were out of luck then ended up in one of the local Indians off the Whitechaple road eating chicken on the bone, as it was 50p cheaper. well we were students after all. Barts Hospital looked after my aged Uncle in his later years, when he was a resident of Charterhouse, in Smithfields.

The format of the mag has not changed a whole lot, loads of risque jokes, all very sexist, definitely non-PC and occasionally racist....I love it.

The only things missing from the Rag Mags of old were the letters of support from the Prime Minister, celebrity actors, or other dignitaries. Oh well,maybe next year......

No comments: