Monday 28 July 2008

Sweatie socks

Its been a while since my last post, a situation which has been created by the need to do some real work at last. On Monday, just past, I was in London, got a phone call in the morning, and promptly ended up in Edinburgh where I am likely to be for the remainder of the year........that said the client has yet to sign the contract, so it might all change again shortly.

The travel up here has been a bit stressful though, missed my flight last week due to roadworks overruns on the M4, then today I was stuck on the tarmac for 2 hours as Edinburgh was fog bound and we were restricted from taking off.

Still I am here now, and this week its the warm up to the Edinburgh Festival. Its the jazz and blues week until Sunday when the main festival and the comedy fringe kicks in. Hotels are upping their prices, but we are well catered for so hopefully it will be a bit of a giggle.

The only trouble with proper work is that four day weekends become a thing of the past, oh well, just have to get used to it I guess.....

1 comment:

Richard Donkin said...

Got the Weathers tartan sorted yet? There are some nice eating places in South Queensferry between the bridges. I liked Orocco Pier.
http://www.oroccopier.co.uk/south_queensferry_restaurant/dining.asp