Friday 1 May 2009

Another year goes by.......

Well another year goes by. Here we are on the first May 2009 and my blog is now 2 years old. It all started off you will recall, as a life journey with the focus being the selling of my London home. So whats happened?

Not a lot really, the current economic climate is well documented, and the house has been reduced in price accordingly. Not enough as far as the agents are concerned, but to a level I feel happy negotiating around, and which should give me scope to purchase a flat further down the line.

Up until recently there were three similar houses for sale in the Crescent, with mine being the mid-priced property. The lower priced one is now under offer, so it remains to be seen whether anybody will show interest in mine during June and July. If not, then I will remove the place from the market and bide my time. The number of flats around at the moment is low and their style and locations do not give me any enthusiasm to purchase which is also a bit disappointing, but I continue to take the stance that I am not selling to move into a place I am not happy living in.

Meanwhile its early Summer maintenance up North, and I suspect I have just scarified the lawn a bit too vigorously. Still grass is pretty resilient so it should recover in time for the first cricket match of the new season!!

I have finally got round to ordering a new car and we now are waiting to see if it or the new grandchild arrives first. Number two daughter is certainly growing a big bump and I am sure she can't wait to offload the offspring before the temperature hots up. Number two son is in the Dominican Republic at his bosses wedding and sounds like he is having a fine time. With a personal butler on call to run his bath, and a golf buggy available to transport him around the resort he should be.

What else will this third year in the life of The Philanderer hold I wonder, rest assured you will be the second or third to know.

No comments: