Sunday 31 October 2010

trouble at mill

The variants of the English language, and the dialects associated with different cultures and regions was brought home to me at the weekend.

We had flyer from a new curry house through the door, the Himalaya, and they had some interesting sounding dishes on the menu. Consequently we decided to give it a go at the weekend.

SWMBO had her usual biriyani, with madras hot sauce, and I by way of a change ordered the Chicken Naga.

It took ages to arrive and I had to ring to remind them, not a good sign. Eventually the food arrived and the biriyani looked great, but imagine my suprise when instead of Chicken Naga I opened up Chicken nuggets and chips.
When I rang up again they said they had trouble understanding my accent...great, like, ay pal.....

No comments: