Thursday 2 June 2011

Five gold rings

My frustration with the London olympics, and LOCOG in particular, holds no bounds at the moment.
Firstly, I have been rejected, ignored and deflated by my inability to get any sort of interview for jobs with them, over the last five years. This, despite my experiences in the volunteer arena gained at the Atlanta event in 1996, and the chief executive of LOCOG, Paul Deighton, indicating that there is no training for olympic games work, other than experiencing it first hand. Really the volunteers have no idea what they are letting themselves in for.

Secondly, I have been ignored in the great ticket raffle as well. Is it fair to have a ballot, or should the tried and tested Ticketmaster approach have been the way to go? I suspect that LOCOG are rubbing their hands as they shifted many more tickets for the minor sports, than they have expected, while leaving thousands frustrated with no tickets or more tickets for some events than they wanted. I wasn't greedy and went mid-price, so it will be interesting in the last chance disco to see what I am offered there.

To add insult to injury, the German site Dejtour has already sold all its athletics, cycling and gymnastics tickets on a first come first serve basis. they do have women's beach volleyball semi-final tickets available still though....hmmmmm!

Oh well, just off to practice my synchronised swimming, while pondering the question , If one of them drowns, do they all have to?'

No comments: