Friday 8 February 2013

Gardeners World

The frustration alluded to in my last post seems to be slowly easing away. I have just spend a pleasant couple of hours in the garden clearing the debris, and the Helleborus look a picture now with the flowers well in view. Sadly the three new ones I planted did not survive the snow and slugs so I will need to deploy a new strategy next Autumn. The bin, as expected, is nearly full and I still have one more patch to clear. That can wait until tomorrow.

I am deploying the 'stop when it hurts' philosophy towards my knee, having got the all clear from the consultant's registrar last week. I have now had two sessions in the gym on the static bike and the weight machines, so the gardening today went well for as long as I wanted it to. Next week I will start to do some treadmill work and hit a few golf balls. I am looking to restart competitive golf on 2nd March all being well

I have just booked a couple of weeks in Torquay, or is that Turkey?, for some warm weather training, although I think it's only low 70's there when we go.....OK for golf but not so bright for sunning oneself.

I was in London for the rugger last weekend, but will not be travelling to Dublin today, as would normally be the case, as the anti-social kick-off time, 3pm on a Sunday, is just not spectator friendly. With England on a relatively long unbeaten run (two games)  I think it could be a cracker.

Other than that activities seem to be gearing up nicely towards the big six o in a couple of weeks. More on that as the time approaches.

No comments: