Wednesday 6 March 2013

Gone in a haze

The problem with having a birthday celebration which lasts three weeks is that some parts of it just become a blur and days disappear or get lost for ever. My actual birth date was one such.

I had a plan as to how my weekend would go....Friday evening in Formby with the outlaws, Saturday playing golf and chilling then a full on family luncheon on Sunday with more golf Monday morning ( my actual birth date) and then a late lunch with SWMBO.

Other people had other ideas, however, so Friday was cancelled, and Sunday became a bit more mega than expected. Alcohol was consumed at a great rate, and when the lads adjourned to the local hostility, I knew there would be trouble.

After several glasses of wine, a bloody Mary and a frozen Margarita in the restaurant, I really did not need a zombie, whatever that is, but that's tradition apparently so after  a few more beers, I decided to make my excuses and leave. I remember getting home and watching Match of the Day, but then things went a bit fuzzy.

Needless to say the next day was a complete washout and I complained about my drinks being spiked ( they weren't ), the meal disagreeing with me, and having an anti-social need for sleep!.

The rest of the crew came in from about midnight until 3am!!

The next part of the celebrations is a long weekend in Turnberry chasing a little white ball around in the wind, I must try to moderate my whiskey tasting and enjoy the view. Och aye the noo!

No comments: