Friday 25 July 2014

Summer lovin'

What great weather we are experiencing at the moment. If we could guarantee this every year then who would need Turkey or the South of Spain. Its glorious.

I did take advantage of Portugal though, a couple of weeks ago, when I went to Lisbon for a stag weekend. 25 blokes aged from 45 to 63 all there for a few holes of golf , some sardines and gallons of sangria. I stuck to the very pleasant white wine and consequently lasted better than I was expecting. It was the stag's second go at matrimonials, and with a nickname of Wally, what other theme could there be!!


That's me at the back, with a black and white hat on! For some reason I got the golf colour code and the evening colour code mixed up!!  The man at the front with no hat was a local who was in the hotel celebrating his divorce, bit of a dichotomy really!  He picked up the bar tab so we had to include him in the picture.

I arranged the whole trip, given I was the only one 'not working' and it was quite an experience to do that. Transfers proved to be the hardest and most expensive part of the trip, given everybody makes their own way to these sort of things. They all land at different times and at different terminals, but everybody got there and a good time was had by all.

No comments: