Monday 15 February 2016

Mutiny on the booty

As my geologist friend Stu points out Barbados is just a mudbank scrapped off the Atlantic plate as it dives down underneath the Caribbean plate. As I understand it that makes it the Caribbean equivalent of a hairgrip dropped down a sink. It collects all the detritus until it forms a mass big enough to be noticed.

Consequently the island is lush. It now boasts five golf courses where once were sugar plantations, it has tropical gardens and botanical species rarely found elsewhere and azure blue waters and palm fringed beaches. It is also home to the toosh, or beer bottom!

Now the significance of the lady bottom has not been lost on me, but it was only when SWMBO returned from her last trip to Tanzania that I learnt that the locals rate the lady bottom from 1 to 10 based on the protrude factor. An eight rating is apparently the best even when ranked against a 10, so Bo Derrick was not all she was cracked up to be.

So we are now viewing the locals here in   a new light, but as long as I can rest me pint on it, an eight is fine by me!!!

1 comment:

Richard Donkin said...

I married an eight, thirty odd years ago but I reckon it's off the scale today. I wonder how many goats I could get for her in Tanzania?