Tuesday 24 May 2016

I can see your house from here

As the golf matches slow down for a while, its time for house maintenance. The big job I have been putting off is painting the wooden surrounds and soffits on the roof.

It's a scaffold job, and one I will probably need a couple of professionals for. One to do the woodwork and one to do the painting. So it's a few phone calls tomorrow.

I have built a slide in the garden for the ankle biters. The slide is connected to a tree and the kids have two ways to climb up. Either on the rustic ladder or by using the climbing wall. The wall is made up of coloured handhelds and gives them a different sort of challenge. So it won't be long before an A & E trip is planned!!


A new addition to the eco friendliness of the garden has been a water butt which collects water from the room of the storage shed. I am already using the water on the pots and new flower beds and that has allowed us to harvest our baby salad leaves twice already. We already have wood piles, wild flower patches and butterfly & bee friendly flowers so I seem to be doing my bit for the wildlife.

This has been confirmed by a wren nesting in the eaves of the house, a blue tit nest in the wall and a blackbirds in the yew hedge. Just need to keep those magpies at bay...now where is that air rifle?

No comments: