Wednesday 5 October 2016

Blind dogs

I am missing my weekly auction visit today, but it gives me a chance to reflect on recent acquisitions and future strategy.

A while ago I purchased a print named "Waiting for Off" byKenneth Ansell
and a cocker spaniel head shot by Reuben Ward Binks. I picked up the spaniel for about £6.50 and some of his pictures from his American period go for over £2000!.This one is more likely to be £200-300 less commission when I sell it in Knutsford in a few weeks. The print might wipe its nose at about £45.

The other coup I had last week was the chance to purchase two claw foot banister posts for £25. This claw foot was the trademark of the builder who built the Shrewsbury estate on which we live. Our neighbours house has one but we didn't. I am unsure whether to retrofit one, or mount it in a glass case in the hall. I will think about that.

No comments: