Tuesday 24 April 2018

Ground control to Major Tom

A first is chalked up by the blog as I publish one from outer space. Well, 35000 ft in reality from the bubble on a Virgin Atlantic jumbo. We have exit seats to boot so even the premier economy passengers are looking enviously at us.

We are returning this year for the Sir Gary Sobers festival of golf, as I try to improve on my mid-table finish last year. Gordon Greenidge, the West Indian opening bat is in my handicap category so there is an incentive to do well.

I have watched Paddington 2, the movie, on the plane and was interested that they used the Kilmainham jail as the backdrop to his incarceration. It also featured in the original Italian Job, and we did the tour when we were in Dublin for the rugger some years ago.

We are staying on the West coast this year to save time on the golf course transfers. Forest round is Thursday and there is rain forecast. Just like home.

No comments: