Monday 31 December 2018

Three sisters

Cor! I think I overdid it a bit in the Gay Gordon's at the wedding, my back is killing. Anyway, we have arrived at our last destination to sleep in the fourth bed in a week. I haven't done that since I was in my thirties!!

The last two days we have been in an Airbnb near Loch Ness to do some sight seeing but to honest it was all about disappointing. The pubs were shut and food sources were scarce so we made the best of it before a better day today.

We went to Fort Augustus to see the Caledonian canal then followed that to Fort William. Unfortunately Ben Nevis was shrouded in mist and driek but the trip through Glen Coe to Crieff was very spectacular.

We are now settling down before the Hogmanay celebrations begin although I may sit out the Ceilidh this time!!

The Scottish Highlands are hugely sparse and I wonder what they would hope to gain from independence. It would be interesting to see if the geographic split of the voting focused on the big cities as the hotbed of separation.

So this my last post of the year, another which has disappointed numbers wise, so lets see If I can be more interesting in 2019. Happy New Year to all my readers, thanks for sticking at it.

No comments: