Thursday 24 December 2020

Vroom Vroom

 I have long said I would drive my 5 series into the ground and not be too concerned how the body work looked. It has done 125000 miles and seemed good for the same again. Then things took a turn. The air con packed up and needed a new compressor. The boot lid would not respond to the key any more which was indicative of a loom problem and finally the car started losing power under pressure. A best that was an exhaust fault and at worst could be a gasket or interventions failure.

My recent experience with Williams in Liverpool  as documented here, did not fill me with confidence so it has become time to trade in and move on.

I decided to use the used car department of the Chester dealership, Hallowell Jones, and see what they could offer. We had met Mr Jones at St Andrews last year so I felt a bit of empathy there.

As thing worked out there was a vehicle in stock which fitted my requirements at a reasonable price. So it is now sitting on the drive and I am a boy racer!!

It is taking some getting used to. It is the first automatic I have owned and the interior packages have moved on a way since I was in the market eleven years ago.  Front and rear cameras are there to help and I have an app on the phone from which I can lock or unlock the car and track it if it goes missing!

So at least there is something more suitable now sitting in the Captain parking space at the golf club.

No comments: