Thursday 25 February 2021

Another little prick

 Everything seems to be moving on a pace now. The period between New Year and my birthday always seems to pass so quickly at the best of times. There is the clearing up after Christmas and the storage of all the decorations, then we fall straight into the 6 Nations rugby and usually attend a game or two and then before you know it the golf season is upon us and hope springs eternal.

This year things are suddenly different. The last time I went to a major sporting event was at Twickenham last March when England gave the Welsh a good seeing to. We had a last dinner out with friends Peter and Val, and then we were locked down the next day. we all know what the rest of 2020 was like.

Last week, however, i was fortunate enough to be called to Chester Racecourse for the first of my two Covid vaccinations. I was assured that if it went well I was entered for the 3:30 Novices Chase over 6 furlongs. It never got to that stage though as I had some interesting reactions which may have been related to an earlier cold I had, but as my GP said, we just don;t know all  the side effects at the moment. Mine were cold shivers through the night with a limited capacity to breath, and after the first night I thought that would be that but after a relatively normal Friday when alcohol was taken, I was wiped. out on Saturday and then confined to barracks on Sunday when my BP went through the floor. Still all seems to be back to normal now. Roll on Wales v England tomorrow.

As a present to myself I have purchased a new golf trolley. It is electric and it follows me all round the course unaided. I have called it Marvin.

Today was gloriously sunny so I took Marvin for a test drive over the Wallasey links. No golf was involved but I was pleased I gave Marvin a dry run in isolation as there were a few teething problems with the assembly and subsequent control of the trolley. All has been sorted and I can't wait to be back playing from 29th March. Only 32 sleeps to go!

No comments: