Friday 9 July 2021

Two thirty

I thought today was a new experience for me, but having racked my brain I now realise that is not the case.

Today I had a tooth extracted (almost) which I thought was for the first time. It had cracked and was not possible to fill so it had to come out. There ended my being able to say that i had all my own teeth. Well I suppose I do, but am one less than a full set!! I indicated that I almost had the tooth out because one of the roots is still in situ as it proved difficult to extract it as it was the one above which the crack occurred. The dentist thinks it should be OK and may even ease closer to the surface with age. If that is the case then she may be able to extract it later.

One often hears of people who have had car accidents itching out pieces of glass some years later as the body slowly rids itself of the debris.

The reason I had experienced a tooth extraction before was that one of my milk teeth had refused to come out before the adult tooth behind it had appeared. The operation to extract happened in about 1960 I guess and I was put to sleep with full anaesthetic and doctor in attendance, with mother and father there to check I woke up. None of the pain killing injections and off you go approach which I experienced today. That said I wonder when the numbness will wear off and any pain will start to kick in?  Not too long I suspect.

No comments: