Monday 15 May 2023

80 not out

 Significant birthdays are popular this year and none more so than my cousin Mike who turned 80 on Saturday. His 'do' was on Sunday to avoid a clash with his beloved Brentford FC, but in their wisdom the Premiership moved the game to Sunday anyway, so he missed only his second game in 50 odd years.

Whoever said football is a game for the fans is probably turning in their grave as I write.

Nonetheless it was good to catch up with other octogenarian as well as Mike's family and other friends, one of which, Mel, went to the first half of the Brentford game. He has Parkinsons and I was concerned how I would find him, but I was pleasantly surprised to find him as well as he could be.

SWMBO and I did the trip to London in the day, sharing the driving, which gave us back our Monday for an R & R day at home. Deep joy.

No comments: