Thursday 20 September 2007

Two Pints of Lager and a Packet of Crisps

Two bottles of white wine, a bottle of Vodka, two cases of Heineken a bottle of chilled champagne and three good quality pizza's. These are amongst the items populating the dressing room of Amy Winehouse as part of her 'Green Room' contract clause. Not bad for a girl in re-hab.

I have no time for Amy, but it did get me wondering what I would have in my green room if every I found myself accepting a Mercury music award, or similar.

Clearly a case of Fullers London Pride would feature, with, maybe a barrel of Doom Bar, from the Rock brewery near Newquay. I don't really do spirits, but I would probably share Amy's taste for white wine (Napa Valley Chardonnay, or Cloudy Bay Sauvignon Blanc) and Champagne. I think a finger buffet curry would take care of the eating department as fish and chips would go cold and soggy.

Then there are the add-ons, the boys toys.......Scalextic is ageless and I noticed it is celebrating its 50th anniversary, so a four lane job would need to be accommodated, with proper racing cars, not the mickey mouse ambulance/police car/family saloons they have recently introduced.

A TV showing Argyle winning at the old Wembley would be playing in the corner, and Who's Next, the album, would be blaring from the speakers. They were undoubtedly the best band I ever saw live, and while its not my all time favourite album, but it would get me in the mood for the acceptance speech!!

Now then, favourite albums, and singles, I feel another blog entry coming on....stay tuned.

No comments: