Wednesday 5 December 2007

Splash it on all over!

As we are now into December I am allowed to talk about or mention Christmas. Its a timing deadline which I have tried for years to drum into the kids, in an effort to maintain some of the magic and mystery of this special time of year.

Department stores and television advertisers would have us believe that the pre-Christmas period starts soon after the January sales, but none of it!!

So off I went yesterday to do a bit of Christmas shopping, and one thing which caught my eye was the number of celeb's who now have their own brand perfume. And what names....David Beckham has called his 'Instinct', WAGS tend to go for their won names as I guess its too difficult for them to be imaginative, so 'Coleen' and 'Alex' mix with Katie Price's 'Stunning' on the shelves of the Chav stores of choice. Kylie Minogue called her fragrance 'Darling' and Cliff Richard has a brand called 'Miss You Nights'. The mind boggles.

So I wonder what other people might call their own perfume, and what I might select for mine?

Tony Blair could call his 'Corruption' and Gordon Brown, 'Sleeze', although 'Sweaty Sock' would give the marketing people an equally big challenge. Gillian Gibbons would probably be ill advised to call her perfume ' Mohammed'. I suggest Gordon might have been more appropriate name, for the teddy, and maybe 'lash' for a perfume.

John Darwin, the missing canoeist, might try 'Spray' or 'Forgetful' and James Hamilton might like 'Vroom'.

As for me, well, 'Mist' comes to mind although I am sure there is already one of those out there. Alternatively, 'Stormy', 'Precipitation' or 'Snowdrop'?

No comments: