Wednesday 23 April 2008

Window on my world

In August of last year, I was extolling the virtues of having a shed, but was disappointed that mine did not have a window. Well on Sunday I sorted that problem.

The side wall of the structure was suffering a bit from the battering it takes form the prevailing wind. It sweeps in off the Irish Sea and down the Dee Estuary and batters us most of the year. Indeed, the house could be called 'Wind House' rather than 'Hill House' such are the number of days one can sit comfortably in the garden.

So, rather than replace the timbers, I thought I would fix a plastic sheet in a DIY window frame. It all went well and I now am able to find tools and other artifacts without rooting around in the semi-darkness, with the light of the door to assist me.

Now like all projects I take on at home, one job inevitably led to three others, I wonder if there is a law to cover this? Anyway, I cleared out about three black sacks worth of rubbish so can now see the workbench and have sufficient storage space to get me through the coming months. I really must get that old battered armchair and a sky dish, then I will be made up!!

No comments: