Tuesday 5 August 2008

Don't get shirty with me matey......

I am concerned about a worrying trend which is very evident here in Edinburgh, although Ii have seen symptoms of it all over the Country. it started many years ago as a youthful trend, but is now being embraced by men of all ages.

Why do they wear their shirt outside their trousers?

I have been analysing this to try to find an answer.......OK so the world population are becoming obese, and this particular mode of dressing may well hide the beer belly in the manner of a maternity gown for men. We do tend to be more slothful these days as well, so are we just too lazy to tuck ourselves in?

I am not aware of any major fashion advertising campaign which has extolled the virtue of free flowing shirts, and no iconic figures who started the trend. So all in all I am at a loss to explain it.

I, for one, just cannot embrace the style, and continue to spread my shirt fabric over my tum as tightly as it will go........the Buddha would be a good marketing name for that sort of style, after all my body is a temple!!

No comments: