Sunday 10 August 2008

A Little Something for the Weekend

Now there is a phrase to bring a smile to the faces of the older generation,A phrase which has been mouthed by barbers to their clientele for many years. I must admit though, that the young busty wench who cuts my hair in Scouseland has yet to mutter the phrase. She is more likely to say would you like a tissue sir, another phrase which taken out of context would indicate that extras have been provided alongside the hair cut.


Now where is this all leading you may be asking. Well actually it all about my experience yesterday in Boots the Chemist. There I was standing in line behind a bit of fit, when she asked for the morning after pill. Blimey I thought there is a question you don't hear every day of the week, but it just went to confirm one of the greatest lines I have ever heard at the cinema.


The Likely Lads, Bob and Terry, in the film of the same name were on holiday in Gosforth and looking for a bit of action. The weather is awful and Bob is getting a bit down in the dumps. 'E, we will never cope off on a day like this' he said. 'Don't be so sure' says Terry with a glint in his eye, ' lets go to Boots, there are always women in Boots'

Its as true today as it was then.......now must go and get my haircut!

No comments: