Monday 15 June 2009

CSI Chiswick

Boum! Boum!
Well High Noon met the Shootout at the OK Corral on Saturday night, as a gun fight exploded at the end of Silver Crescent, sending passers by diving for cover, and my Indian takeaway driver unable to get to my door.

It was all quite strange as we heard what appeared to be a series of hammering sounds on the door, then the takeaway man rang to say he could not get down the street. I wandered casually up the road to be confronted by an armed response team and police vehicles everywhere. 'Mind how you go' was all they said as I recovered my evening meal and sauntered back home.

Apparently two men had leaped from a car and chased a third man past the Moran Hotel, shooting him as they went. He then hid in Silver Crescent until they left, before fleeing to Charing Cross Hospital where he was treated for wounds to the arm. There was a fair amount of claret splashed on the pavement so he must have been in some pain.

The two attackers drove off up the North Circular Road, and as yet they remain at large.

All this should see house prices plummet in the area, and just when I thought there might be some positive developments with mine. I had accepted an offer from people in Dubai but their finances seem to have gone pear shaped suddenly, and a couple who saw the place for the third time at the weekend are disagreeing about putting in an offer. She loves it, he is not so keen.....anyway, I will give it to August and if nobody comes in for it, I will take it of the market. There is certainly a shortage of good two bedroomed flats in the area so why move into a hovel for the sake of moving eh?......

No comments: