Wednesday 18 September 2013

Biffa bear

I have gone to print previously about my fear for rugby once it became a professional sport. I was particularly concerned about the introduction of 'gamesmanship' of a style similar to that endemic in football, and the lowering of the IQ level of players as youngsters see a career in rugby being a replacement to a solid education. This latter trend would very much see the game become one  divest of vision, imagination and spontaneity.

At the moment the former has not come to prominence, however,  the antics of the England centre Manu Tuilagi have certainly highlighted the real danger facing the game when amoeba-like players take the field.

That said, his offer to send an apology to David Cameron did make me laugh. I suspect he would need to use a ghost writer.

No comments: