Friday 13 February 2015

Ker ching

They say things go in three's and that seems to be the recent case here in Scouseland. A few days ago SWMBO received notification that she had been successful on the Premium Bonds which will boost her spending account when we go on hols later in the month.
 
I received a call this morning to say that the small claims court action I had instigated against Scottish Power has been settled in my favour. So not only do I get the £200 they have owed me since last May back, but I get the court fee's and an inconvenience payment as well.
 
I moved to one of their tariff's in October 2013, and they managed to transfer the gas supply of a different property in the street. They then instigated a standing order to take funds out of my account to pay this neighbours gas bills!! It did take me a couple of months to notice, but nothing like the time it has taken to get them to understand the problem they have caused, and the reason I was a bit grumpy. I must have talked to them 6 or 8 times and each time I was reassured they would sort it. They didn't and in the end I got so frustrated I went to court.....they now say the cheque is in the post!!!
 
Scottish Power have the worst customer satisfaction rating of any of the big 6 power companies, so as soon as I have the money I am looking to move somewhere else.
 
So that's two bits of good news. The third one has just made all the days I spend trawling through tat and rubbish at auction houses worth the effort.
 
On Wednesday I was at an auction I go to fairly frequently when I saw a very odd shaped putter in a bag of 1930's steel shafted clubs. This putter had a curved face and a hickory shaft. I got the lot for £5.50 including commission, and a bit of research indicated I may well be on a winner. It's on e-bay here.
 
The irony of all this is that yesterday I threw away two old mirror's in the tip, they both smashed. So much for seven years bad luck. I can only think that as they were intact when I let go of them that I was not deemed to have smashed them!!
 
Sorry to be missing the England v Italy Six Nations game tomorrow but I feel confident the boy's will do the business. I will return for the France game which will hopefully be the Grand Slam decider.

No comments: