Thursday 21 January 2016

Friends uncoupled

Well I could not think of a better opposite to reunited. Is it a sad day when a web site like Friends Reunited has to close down because it is unable to cover its running costs? I am not sure. i have never been a subscriber to web sites, unless they are offering something cheaper than I am buying regularly in the shops. On-line newspapers are the obvious items as far as I am concerned, and if a group of you subscribe to different ones and share the log-on then the price is pretty much rock bottom.

I visited Friends Reunited quite a lot in the early days to see what my classmates were up to, and to look up a few ex-girlfriends and neighbours. Nothing much of outstanding interest to be fair, although it was reassuring to see there were no deaths posted. That might have changed now though.

One of my next door neighbours is now the chief fashion buyer for Marks and Spencer although I think she is keeping a low profile given the decline in their non-food sales.

I continue to keep my LinkedIn profile up to date although, again, I do not subscribe to the Premier service. I do hear from old work colleagues from time to time so it serves its purpose.

Otherwise its good old e-mail, text, telephone and face to face discussion which keeps me abreast of developments. The tried and trusted processes are still the best.  Must dash, I think a pigeon has just flown into the loft with a message!!

1 comment:

Richard Donkin said...

The pigeons keep leaving messages on my summerhouse roof, always the same - they don't think much to it.