Sunday 3 January 2016

Oh yes I did.....

Spot on, it's panto season so off we went to see Dick Whittington at the Empire in Liverpool. No real stars. A girl from Eastenders who is currently in Still Open all Hours,  and a chap from Emmerdale together with Pete Price a local Liverpool DJ who must nearly be a Nonagenerian himself.

The dame was very good as was Dick's cat Tom. The whole production though was greater than the sum of it's parts, a really good afternoon out. There were lots of Dick jokes for the adults, and a 3D screen to scare the kids. All in all very good value of money.

We went with number one granddaughter and her mate and they seemed to have a good time too, and did not cost us much for drinks, sweets and ice creams. The theatre was pushing 'Pie Face', a cult game at the moment, and seemed to be doing a good trade. Maybe the board game is making a comeback?

Today we saw two friends who were over from Hong Kong on family business so we did a bit of research for our Sevens trip in early April, then it was take the decci's down time. That's all done now and the house looks a tad sparse. There may well be demand for a set of 'not Christmas' decorations to use from January to November for a bit of sparkle. That may be a bit chav though on reflection!

My jury service starts tomorrow and I will be blogging what I am allowed to as the weeks progress, although with a barrister and solicitor in the family I can see me being dumped on several occasions as not being suitable jury material. I have my black handkerchief ready as needed though.

No comments: