Wednesday 23 November 2016

Put another jumper on....

Life is full of significant moments, and one such arrived for me today. I have just received my first ever Winter fuel payment. I understand this is sent to older people to keep them warm for a couple of weeks during the Winter. I am very grateful to the government for this money, which appears to be tax free.

I am ok for cash at the moment so I am going to put it towards some golf equipment I have my eye on. It will get me out of the house a bit more which will mean the central heating can be turned down so in that respect it will be contributing to lowering my heating outlay!!

I was pointing out to my grandkids recently ( well those who can understand) that you become a Senior citizen when you bend down to tie up your shoe lace, and look around for what ever else you can do while you are down there.......they will soon be trained to do that for me, as well as cutting my toe nails, although I suspect bribery may be involved for that activity to be successful.

So let's hope we have a mild Winter with a good dumping of snow for Christmas and then everybody should be able to use their allowance for something else......ho! ho! ho!

No comments: