Thursday 14 June 2018

Stoned

They say what goes around, comes around, and that certainly seems the case where the Rolling Stones are concerned. I remember their Voodoo Lounge tour in 1995 with great affection.

I had tickets for one day of their Wembley Stadium dates, and went with my next door neighbour to see all the action. I vividly remember Symphony for the Devil as a highlight, as Mick Jagger suddenly appeared near the roof of the stadium to belt out the number over most of North London.

The Stones needed to cancel one of the dates for some reason, so I was able to go again as my mate 'Dodgy' Dave Jones had tickets for the original  but could not make the reschedule. That gave me a chance to take SWBMO to Wembley as I was still in the impressing phase of our relationship. I enjoyed it as much as the first gig and she, too had a great evening.

How time flies. Now the Stones are touring again, although Charlie Watts still had time to visit the Oval yesterday to take in some cricket. So 23 years after that last gig at Wembley, our two girls were thrilled to go to Old Trafford last week to see the old gits banging out their stuff again. No standing on the pitch for them though as new man on the block got some swish tickets in the posh seats. They loved it, as did we all those years ago.After all, it's only rock 'n roll.........

No comments: