Thursday 27 April 2017

Sir Garfield Sobers

Day two in Barbados passed off fairly quietly. A bit of overnight rain livened things up and the cloud stayed most of the day. A meal and early night were the order before the first round of the Sir Garfield Sobers festival of golf today.

I played the first round at Barbados golf club which is the weaker of the four and few errant shots saw me shoot a net 79 and be firmly in the pack. The course is suffering from the recent drought but is scrappy and routine as a test of golf. You can only play what's in front of you and I did that for 15 of the holes but had three minor disasters. Anyway, on to tomorrow.

I played with a Canadian living in New York who was a bit up himself, a very pleasant accountant from Trinidad and an English chap who lives over here now. One of his sons plays for Stoke City. So mostly pleasant company. Three different partners tomorrow.

The festival is very well organised with a packed lunch on the tenth tee, but as I putted out on the green a chicken robbed my buggy and took my tuna sandwich. We thought the Fox at Wallasey was bad!!!

No comments: