Sunday 3 April 2022

Kermit

 The second round of golf was played at The Frog, a Tom Fazio course on the outskirts of Atlanta. His signature designs include large bunkers and small greens. The Frog was classic in that respect. It is also a public course.

While the condition was never going to match the Athletic Club the layout was very good and Cookie and I had a good match which I sadly lost 2 & 1. We were joined by Brandon and his partner Cheyenne. They were at Augusta today for the ladies amateur competition.

The evening saw me drag Cookie round Blockhead again looking for haunts from 1996 and earlier. The 5 Paces Inn is still going strong and is still home to Old Whites RFC, our first opponents in our 1992 tour. Twickenham also played the Georgia State team as well as Hilton Head, Savannah and Charleston.

Buckhead is much changed but it was good to visit the old haunts, as the newer restaurants like The Iberian Pig were full to bursting.

Today we visited Stone Mountain before travelling to Columbia where we are based now for our trip to The Masters on Monday and Tuesday. The weather is set fair so my legs might get an airing at golf tomorrow. I will need to buck my ideas up though or I will be whitewashed!!

No comments: