Thursday 10 May 2007

One small step for man.....




Inspired to try blogging by 'off the record' Dick, I am now faced with how to start the blasted thing off. I need a thread which will grab peoples interests, and keep me motivated to carry on. What better way then, than to tie in the launch of the blog with my entry into the house selling market.

and....Gosh I have timed it well......





  • base rate likely to go up another quarter of one percent today


  • my neighbours sale has fallen through, so two houses are on the market beside each other and


  • both are viewing Saturday


That last point might work to my advantage, but the fact my house is on the market for £75,000 more than theirs, might not!!

Still, I think their house is under priced, albeit they have a loft conversion and loads of other additions which mine does not. Hmmm, the fact mine has not been on the market since 1950, when my Aunt purchased it at auction for £875.00!! does at least give buyers a blank canvas. It is as built in terms of lay-out although few original ceilings, walls, pipes or electricity cables remain.

It has many other features which date back to its construction, not least the fireplaces and plasterwork.

So lets see what happens on Saturday and progress from there.

No comments: