Friday 11 May 2007

Whats in a name

Well I am off and running, but have I got an audience, and how does one build up such a following? I supect a good name might help, and I have plumped for The Philanderer for historical reasons I will come onto. A few were discounted though.

'Stormy Weathers' was the first to spring forward....
All very well having a play on words I thought, but not really the oldie playing young theme. That name conjures up Victor Meldrew images, and goodness I have been accused of having those moments in the past.....
Le Limacon was another consideration.....

Le Limacon is the nomenclature used on my annual barbecue invites. Its an event which has been cancelled for the past few years, so resurrecting it as blog title may put the 'fluence on the regularity and consistency of the page.


So The Philanderer it is then.......
While this photo does not do it justice, this brass plaque, listing me as said philanderer, has adored the front of my house for 25 years, so for continuity of product, it seems the right choice. Whether I still am still practicing or not is, however, open to conjecture.
As for spreading the word on the web, that's my next challenge. Hopefully good content, interesting anicdotes and a certain sauciness will all contribute. Stumble!, Google and other techno stuff will help as well.

No comments: