Monday 14 May 2007

Think I'll go and eat worms.....

Estate agents have an interesting reputation, don't they? Unloved, unpopular and unable to live up to their promises. I am reminded of a newspaper report from some years ago.......'a man walked into a high street outlet and shot dead the estate agent. The police are looking for a motive.' ......yeah right......
Well I interviewed five organisations in Chiswick. they all promised the world and the spread of prices which they quoted as reasonable was more than £100k apart. They work, of course, on comparibles, but this is what happens when there are none. So I set my own price, and appointed the outfit who sent the lady round. Well a philanderer would, wouldn't they?

So whats happened so far?
Nice glossy brochure, several promises of viewings which have not materialised, me hanging around for no reason, little communication unless I instigated it, and finally a few people have been shown round.

No offers yet but it looks like one of my viewers has offered on the house next door, which will be good, as it takes the opposition out of the frame, and it is a snip.

No comments: