Tuesday 5 June 2007

Ten more, just ten more.....


I was enchanted by the iridescence of the lichen clinging to the stone built walls on the way into Liverpool, Lime Street yesterday afternoon, on the stretch between the terminus and Edge Hill. The way the ferns battled for a foothold and the slimy green moss-like plants spread endlessly over the rocks was a true example of how nature strives to reclaim anything man made, at the slightest opportunity.


Passing through Edge Hill always brings a smile to my lips. The term 'Edge Hill' in Scouseland is usually a reference to 'coitus interruptus' given it is the stop before the end. I suspect most towns or cities have a similar expression.

They also say that the Liver bird statues atop the Liver building on the pierhead, flap their wings when a virgin passes. I always ensure the girls and I pass a different way to avoid any embarrassment on their or my part!!!

They are in Spain at the moment, on a family holiday, affectionately entitled 'The Clampetts on Tour'. They are at a family oriented all inclusive resort and given my wife Maxines mum and dad, brother and sister, two children and nephews are there, she finds herself daughter, mother, sister and auntie all at the same time. I doubt Elly May had that problem, The Beverly Hillbillies were probably all those things all the time as well as being husband and wife!!. She went sleep walking last night and locked herself out of her room....a likely story!!

My mate Ray found himself sleep texting at the weekend, but that's a story for another day.

No comments: